No products in the cart.
About Flu Influenza
The Influenza vaccine selection is like the Wal-Mart store for flu! There are so many countries now producing the influenza vaccines that we will be assured to have a pandemic of some sort! These companies must make money, they are counting on a world pandemic to set people in a panic, running to the local Walgreen’s, Wal-Mart or corner pharmacy to get the “magic bullet” that will save the world! Since 911, our country has contracted millions with drug companies around the world to make influenza vaccines, like somehow influenza has something to do with terrorism. I believe we are being terrorized by our country to do the influenza vaccine! Now, hospitals and medical clinics across the country are demanding that employees get the flu shot or get fired. If the flu vaccine was so safe and effective, wouldn’t the nurses and doctors be the first in line?
Producers of the Influenza Vaccines
There are 19 different producers of the influenza vaccines across the world and currently 8 different influenza vaccines approved for 2011-2012 influenza season. Fourteen companies are considered Biopharmaceutical manufactures; medical drugs now produced using biotechnology. Biotechnology or Biopharmaceutical science is the use of life-form viruses from animals or humans. Most drugs are not developed using life-form tissues, combining different viruses and bacteria derived from live human or animal sources. They get the viruses from sick infected animal/ people’s puss, stool, urine or festering blisters or other body fluids.
Here is list of the companies who sell/market the influenza in the United States and are currently in use. (They are in no particular order)
- CSL Biotherapies
- Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc.
- Baxter AG
- MedImmune, Wyeth
- Shire (Canada)
- Aventis Pasteur
- Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd.
- ID Biomedical Corporation of Quebec (IDB) (Distributed by GlaxoSmithKline)
Bio-pharmaceutical companies are granted exclusive patents giving them all the rights to the product so that they can recover the costs of development.
Who is the Influenza Vaccine Recommended For
The influenza vaccine is now recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) for all people around the world. As of 2009-2010 H1N1 Influenza (pandemic) season, the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics approved the seasonal vaccine for all children and it was added the children’s vaccine schedule starting at the age of 6 months and to continue every year of life. Senior citizens have been given the influenza vaccine for years because they claim that they do not have the same immune protection as they did when young. For the first time ever, they are encouraging pregnant mothers to get the seasonal vaccine as well. The vaccines are highly recommended for people who suffer with chronic illness. All flu vaccines are not indicated for anyone who has severe allergies to egg protein and people with a history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
Children and the Flu Vaccine
All of these vaccines have been approved for use in children; contain egg protein and at least 3 influenza viruses in addition to the listed adjuvants/ingredients which change depending on the year they were approved. There are no long-term studies showing efficacy or safety. Most vaccines are given by intramuscular injection.
- FluMist is an intranasal vaccine that is recommended for children age 2 to 8 years old. The adjuvants/ingredients in this vaccine are formaldehyde, gelatin, Latex, Thimerosal (50% mercury) and Egg proteins. This is new technology using “cold” viruses that are not sensitive to the cold and can thrive in a greater variance of temperature. There are no studies done to see if this live-viral vaccine can get through the membrane between the sinus passage and the brain. Any record of wheezing in medical records in last 6 months is a counter indication for the vaccine, vaccine should not be given.
- Fluvarix is recommended for children under 6 months. It contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Formaldehyde, Gentamicin Sulfate, Latex, Polysorbate 80, and Thimerosal (50% mercury) Hydrogen Succinate, Hydrocortisone, and Sodium Deoxycholate.
- Fluzone recommended for children under 4 are recommended in ½ the normal dose for children 6 months to 35 months old. Recommended one or two injections intramuscular and contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Formaldehyde, Gelatin, Latex and Thimerosal
- Fluvax- Recommended for children 3 months forward adjusted strength according to age of the child. Contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Neomycin, Polymyxin, Sucrose, and Sodium Chloride, Sodium phosphate-monobasic, Potassium chloride and Sodium taurodeoxycholate.
- Fluviral, Fluviral S/F (Canada) – Recommended for children 6 months forward, 2 injections a month apart. Contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Formaldehyde, Thimerosal (50% mercury), Sodium Deoxycholate and TritonX-100.
- Grippol – Recommended for children 6 months, three doses over 4 weeks. Contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Superficial glycoproteins ( gemagglutinin and neyroamynidasa)
- Inflexal, Inflexal S, Inflexal V- Recommended for children from 6 months with reduced dose and full dose by the age of 3 years. Contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Sodium Chloride, Disodium dehydrogenate phosphate, Potassium dehydrogenate phosphate and Lecithin.
- Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine (3 different companies) – Recommended for children 6-35 months of age intramuscular injection. The vaccines contain some of the following adjuvants/ingredients: Formaldehyde, gelatin, Sucrose, Thimerosal (50% mercury) Sodium Chloride, Sodium phosphate, chick-embryo cells, Triton X100 and Polyethylene glycol, Arginine and Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).
- Mastaflu – recommended for children 6 months every year. Contains the following adjuvants/ingredients: Sodium Chloride, Potassium dehydrogenate phosphate, Disodium phosphate dehydrate, Potassium chloride, Calcium chloride and magnesium chloride hexahydrate.
- Mutagrip – Recommended for children 36 months and older. Contains the following adjuvants /ingredients: Sodium chloride, Disodium phosphate dehydrate, potassium chloride, Monopotassium phosphate.
- Vaxigrip – Recommended for 6 months or older and contain the following adjuvants/ingredients: Formaldehyde, neomycin, Sucrose, Thimerosal (50% mercury) and Sodium phosphate.
- Fluzone High-Dose – A high-dose vaccine is 4x the strength of standard flu vaccine was approved by the FDA in late 2009. This vaccine is intended for people 65 and over, who typically have weakened immune response due to normal aging. The vaccine produces a greater immune response than standard vaccine, but it is not yet known whether it provides greater protection against flu. Study results are expected in 2012. CDC recommends the high-dose vaccine for people 65 and over.
Studies on the Influenza Vaccines
Every year, a new influenza vaccine is created in laboratories based on viruses that the Influenza Surveillance Centers have gathered. They get the virus from sick infected people’s urine, feces or other bodily fluids. As you can see from the process above, there is very little safety studies done on the vaccines before it is recommended for universal use. The faster they can make the vaccine and get it out, the better for them. The unsuspecting public will take the influenza vaccine in “faith “because they have learned to trust those in charge: the doctors, the CDC, the news reporters who perpetrate the scare tactics every fall and the hospitals they go to for medical care. Most respond to the fear based commercials and do not even stop and think that they could be harmed by the vaccine. There are no long-term studies done to date on how these vaccines will affect the immune system, nervous system or any other organs years down the road.
Does the Influenza Vaccine Protect?
Since the US started to recommend the influenza vaccine for children, death from flu has increased and hospitalization for respiratory and asthma has also increased. Here are the death statistics from 10 years, 1999 through 2008, reported by the CDC.
- Influenza season 1999 – 29 deaths
- Influenza season 2000 – 19 deaths
- Influenza season 2001 – 13 deaths
- Influenza season 2002 – 12 deaths
- Influenza season 2003 – 90 deaths (year of mass vaccinations of children under age 5 years)
- Influenza season 2004 – 152 deaths
- Influenza season 2005 – 44 deaths
- Influenza season 2006 – 78 deaths
- Influenza season 2007 – 88 deaths
- Influenza season 2008 – 116 deaths (40.9% vaccinated at age 6 months to 23 months)
Death Rates are Unclear
Years ago, the CDC used to report that the total yearly death rate across the world for influenza was between 250,000 to 500,000. It is unclear why or how they classified the death rates but it has been noted that they bundled it with death from pneumonia which is not an accurate method. In 2010, they changed the way it is reported and the estimate of mortality over the last 30 years dropped dramatically. The newer statistics of mortality are between 3,300 to 49,000 people die per year. It is still linked with pneumonia deaths. That is a huge difference in numbers.
Flu Vaccine Increases Hospitalizations
The flu vaccine in children is definitely not making them better off. It is a useless vaccine. The correlation between the number of children hospitalized for respiratory illness and increase of asthma and the flu shots was reported by ScienceDaily: (May 19, 2009) “The inactivated flu vaccine does not appear to be effective in preventing influenza-related hospitalizations in children, especially the ones with asthma. In fact, children who get the flu vaccine are more at risk for hospitalization than their peers who do not get the vaccine, according to new research that will be presented on May 19, at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society in San Diego. “The concerns that vaccination maybe associated with asthma exacerbations have been disproved with multiple studies in the past, but the vaccine’s effectiveness has not been well-established,” said Avni Joshi, M.D., of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.”
Influenza is an illness that is always going to be with humanity! To think we are going to stop these viruses from circulating around the globe is insane. We cannot take a vaccine that will protect us from all the different strains of influenza and the vaccines fails to protect us anyway! We really need to change the way we approach health, focusing on strengthening the body naturally. One of the signs of life is adaptation, the better we are able to adapt to our environment, the better we will fight any illness we get exposed to! (See article on Influenza Prevention)
The first influenza vaccine was approved in the 1940 to be used on the military. It was an inactivated vaccine used in World War Two when influenza epidemics would cause catastrophic moralities across the world. The vaccine industry was relatively new and the vaccines were crude. Then in the 1950, the current egg-based technology was developed to produce the influenza vaccines and is still used today to produce the viruses. There are two annual flu seasons occurring each year, rotating the opposite of each other between the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere during the winter months. We now have monitoring centers across the globe in many countries to keep track of the viral strains that are showing up during the flu season. Based on those strains of influenza identified by the monitoring centers in one hemisphere will determine the strain that ends up in the next seasonal influenza vaccine in the opposite hemisphere. It is basically a “hypothetical guess” as to what strain will actually show up the next flu season. The track record of prediction does not look very good for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at this time.
Influenza Death Rates Increase Demand
Years ago, the CDC used to report that the total yearly death rate across the world for influenza was between 250,000 to 500,000. It is unclear why or how they classified the death rates but it has been noted that they bundled it with death from pneumonia which is not an accurate method. In 2010, they changed the way it is reported and the estimate of mortality over the last 30 years dropped dramatically. The newer statistics of mortality are between 3,300 to 49,000 people die per year and it is still linked with pneumonia deaths. There is no explanation as to the huge difference in numbers other than a more organized system of monitoring the death rates. Because of world travel, the fear s that people from foreign countries will bring with them illnesses that we are not usually exposed to such as influenza from their country. It is often reported in the media that there are outbreaks from people who come to this country but they neglect to report how many of the people who get the illness are fully or partially vaccinated. The push for a universal Influenza vaccine has been building since the 911 attack in New York City in 2001.
How the Influenza Vaccine is Developed
- They retrieve the influenza viruses from sick infected animal/people’s puss, stool, urine or festering blisters or other body fluids.
- The first step, the Influenza Surveillance Centers around the world help to identify which strain of influenza is in circulation. They then report it to the World Health Organization (WHO), who then works with the CDC to decide what the next flu virus the vaccine will contain.
- The viruses are then grown on Hen’s eggs along with 2 other influenza viruses. They actually blend the new virus with 2 other viruses and they are allowed to grow together. They call this the “Hybrid” virus. These viruses do not show up in nature together, they are designed in the laboratory. This process takes about 3 weeks.
- It takes another 3 weeks to test the vaccine to insure that it will produce the outer protein of the strain that is circulating. It is then shipped to all of the influenza vaccine manufactures.
- Once the Vaccine Manufactures get the hybrid virus they then have to see how well it will multiply and under what conditions for best results. They do this by injecting the virus into thousands of hen eggs that are between nine to twelve day old eggs. The virus multiplies in the egg white during the incubation period of two to three weeks.
- They then separate the virus from the egg and put it through a purification process by treating it chemically to kill the virus while attempting to preserve the coat proteins. Each dose of vaccine will contain three (3) different strains of influenza. The tiny foreign protein will be blended with other products called adjutants that are designed to turbo- charge your immune system for days after getting the injection so that the body will build anti-bodies against the specific influenza viruses.
- Each manufactures influenza vaccine will have different applications based on the FDA approval. Some are recommended specifically for children and pregnant mothers, most are injected and a few are nasal vaccines.
- This process usually takes six months from start to finish…just in time for the new influenza season to begin! There are no long-term studies done on the influenza vaccines due to the lack of time and the belief that all influenza vaccines are alike! The CDC bases the safety of the vaccine on previous influenza vaccines claiming that the only thing that changes is the virus used.
- The short-term studies are done on small groups and are not really sufficient to insure safety and efficacy. For example, to test the new H1N1 influenza vaccine during the 2009-2010 pandemic, the total of people used to pilot test the vaccine was 400 adults and around 600 children nationally. Volunteers were recruited by the Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Units (VTEUs) in Seattle, WA and also at the Group Health and the Seattle Children’s Research Institute. The number of people who took part in the trials is not a sufficient number to insure safety for all people. Regardless, the push to vaccinate all Americans is on at the beginning of every flu season.
Benefits/Risks of the Influenza Vaccine
The true measure of a vaccine is how many people lives are saved compared to how many people are injured from a vaccine. Getting the statistics on this is very challenging for many reasons. The way influenza mortality statistics are reported in this country are reported along with death from pneumonia, we really do not have a clear idea of how many people die from just influenza. We all understand that people who are in the hospital or are fighting another illness may be susceptible to influenza/pneumonia and it may contribute to their death. Because of the supporting relationship between the 14 Influenza vaccine pharmaceutical companies, The World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), The Institute of Medicine (IOM), The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics, we have a very well organized structured foundation that has a vested interest in the success of the world-wide influenza program.
The last thing they want reported is that the influenza program is causing health problems or increasing death rates. Statistically, according to the CDC Vital Statistics:
- 1999 there were 29 pediatric deaths from influenza.
- 2003 there were 90 reported deaths (first year the flu vaccine was recommended for pediatric use).
- By 2008 – 40.9% of children were given the flu vaccine and the death rate was 116.
- These statistics tell me that the children are at greater risk from the vaccine than from influenza illness.
There is growing concern in the scientific community as well. This was printed in Science Daily May 19, 2009 where they reported that children who get the flu shot are 3 times more likely to require hospitalization. “The inactivated flu vaccine does not appear to be effective in preventing influenza-related hospitalizations in children, especially the ones with asthma. In fact, children who get the flu vaccine are more at risk for hospitalization than their peers who do not get the vaccine, according to new research that will be presented at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society in San Diego. They found that children who had received the flu vaccine had three times the risk of hospitalization, as compared to children who had not received the vaccine.”
Influenza Vaccines & Senior Citizens
Mid 1990’s Medicare started to cover the Flu vaccine for seniors, hospitalization for pneumonia and related illnesses skyrocketed. That should have been a red-flag but few people were paying attention! It is now standard practice to give every senior citizen in nursing homes the season flu vaccine along with all the other vaccines they recommend. They now have a turbo-charged influenza vaccine for senior citizens (Fluzone High-Dose). This vaccine is specifically for people 65 or older and is 4X the normal strength and was approved by the FDA in late 2009. They believe that seniors do not have sufficient immunity as they get older and do not respond to normal vaccines.
Studies have indicated that the accumulation of heavy metals (aluminum and Thimerosal) is a leading cause of Alzheimer’s disease. Dr. Hugh Fudenburg, a leading immunologist and 13th most quoted biologist or our times (850 papers in peer review journals) studied the flu vaccines given to seniors and concluded, “If an individual has had 5 consecutive flu shots between 1970-1980, the years studied, their chances of getting Alzheimer’s Disease is 10 times higher than if they had one or two. (Due to accumulation of mercury and the aluminum in the brain)”.
Eradication of Influenza
Is it possible to rid the world of the Influenza virus? NO! Is it necessary to attempt to try to reduce the numbers of people who get influenza every year? Perhaps they can, but at what expense? Does influenza a huge problem that warrants the resources that are currently tied up to produce the vaccines? Perhaps we are approaching this completely wrong? There are many questions that need to be addresses that are being ignored by the people who are in charge of the vaccine program and profit from them.
I do not believe that mankind will ever eradicate infectious illnesses in this world and in the process of attempting to, are creating catastrophic consequences. Vaccines are the number 1 intervention given to people before they are even sick. They are the worst scientific experiment done on human beings. Vaccines are altering the immune system, changing DNA and RNA in humans and causing untold injury and death. We cannot heal people or support health by injecting foreign, toxic chemicals created in laboratories! The real focus in the world needs to be promoting health while respecting the human body and the environment.
When we provide clean water, sanitation, nutritious foods, remove chemicals and support health naturally, we will then improve the health of mankind.
The influenza vaccine sounds like a wonderful idea! Who wouldn’t want to take a shot and avoid getting sick with influenza? I only wish it was so simple. Influenza used to be a real threat to humanity in years past. Influenza, called the flu, is not fun and can be mild to serious. For most people, the flu is an inconvenience and just needs to run its course. People who are immune compromised or sick with other illnesses may have a tough time with the symptoms which include nausea, headache, body pain, fever, sore throat and diarrhea. Before modern sanitation, clean water and better nutrition, influenza was a seasonal threat to all civilizations around the world. In some underdeveloped countries, it is still a threat. In modern countries we have ways to help alleviate the symptoms, the most dangerous one, dehydration from diarrhea and nausea.
The first Influenza vaccine was approved for use in the military personal back in the 1940’s who would be deployed to other parts of the world where influenza would be circulating. The soldiers were not always in ideal living conditions, did not always have the best nutrition and therefore were susceptible to getting sick. We really do not know how successful the vaccine was back then.
Influenza for Senior Citizens
Senior citizens were the first group to get the influenza vaccines outside the military. Nursing homes and hospitals were recommending them to the elderly. In 1988-1992 Congress mandated a Medicare Influenza Vaccine Demonstration Project. All flu vaccines were covered by Medicare from 1998 forward. The project was to illustrate how Medicare funded vaccines would reduce hospitalization costs for the seniors. Unfortunately, that wasn’t what the project concluded. According to a paper called, Options for the Control of Influenza, the disappointing study yielded a 31-45% effectiveness in preventing hospitalization for pneumonia during three influenza seasons. The study also showed that the Medicare costs were higher for those who had been vaccinated. (1) The then president, Dr. Walter Orenstein, of the CDCs National Immunization program in 1993 admitted that, “The at- risk population for influenza complications is small.” (2)
Regardless, the push for all senior citizens to get the flu vaccine was on! The reason given is that, “seniors’ loose immunity as they get older and the immune system is weaker.” The Institute of medicine, physicians and the CDC pushed the vaccines and Medicare paid for them. That generation of people (born between 1900-1910) embraced the medical model without question…they were very obedient and rarely questioned the doctor’s recommendations! I t is no surprise that seniors in this country have suppressed immunity; they are also the most drugged senior citizens on the planet! Prescription medications potentially can shut down or inhibit immune function.
I would think really hard before I let my parent of love one go into a nursing home! They are all getting injected with influenza vaccines every year regardless of what they want or what you may want for them. I believe that we are failing miserable in taking care of the elderly in this country. I am not saying that a nursing home is not always necessary but they become the pin-cushions for every new drug or medication that is billable to Medicare. Hospitals are now really pushing that they get the shots if they need services at the hospitals. I recommend that we as children, must be extremely protective of our elderly parents who are often taken advantage of.
- Kidder D, Schmitz R. Medicare Influenza vaccine demonstration- Selected States 1988-1992 MMRW 8/13/93; 42(31) Dr. Kristine Severyns R.Ph., PhD – Flu Shots: Do They Really Work?
- Dowdle WR. Influenza Immunoprophylaxis after 30 years experience. Genetic Variations Among Influenza Viruses, NY Academic Press 1981 Dr. Kristine Severyns R.Ph., Ph.D. – Flu Shots: Do They Really Work?
Initially the influenza vaccine was only recommended for senior citizens in the US and for all military personal. The big push for seniors came in 1988 when Medicare began to cover the cost of the influenza vaccine. Even though it proved to increase the number of hospitalizations in seniors and increased Medicare costs, the doctors continued to push it. (1) They claim that the senior citizens need the vaccine because as they age, their immunity “weins” (decreases) and they no longer can fight the illness. Instead of promoting immunity by supporting it with nutrition and healthy eating, the solution is to use a vaccine (chemical injection) that is billable to Medicare and increases hospitalization.
Influenza and Children
Death rate from influenza in children was decreasing gradually for the children under the age of 5 years old. By 1999 there were only 29 deaths per year and by 2002 the death rate was down to 12. (2) Clearly, there was no need for a universal influenza vaccine for children but regardless, the influenza vaccine was added to the childhood vaccine schedule in 2003. That very year, the death rate in children 5 years and under shot up to 90 deaths and by 2008, the number was up to 116.
The big scare that pushed the vaccine policy harder for children came 5 years later with the 2009-2010, H1N1 (false) Influenza Pandemic. Children were considered an “at risk” segment of the population and the Academy of Pediatrics, the CDC and the World Health Organization were recommending that every child 6 month and older around the world get 2 vaccines that year: one of the regular seasonal influenza vaccines and one H1N1 vaccines!
Pregnant Women and the Influenza Vaccine
For years it was acknowledge that pregnant women should be very careful not to be exposed to drugs, alcohol and any other chemical exposure. The scientific world knows that the developing fetus could be harmed by any toxic exposures. For some reason, the H1N1 flu season changed all the policies pertaining to pregnancy and vaccines. Pregnant mothers who are Rh- (blood type) may have received a Rhogam vaccine up to 3 times while pregnant but that was the only vaccine recommended, and a small segment of the population qualifies for that vaccine. The new vaccine was tested on human subjects, (pregnant mothers) for 3 weeks and approved for universal use! The vaccine that was used in the safety studies did not have the adjuvant, Thimerosal, a form of mercury that is very controversial and supposed to be removed from vaccines. The vaccines given to most pregnant mothers in the US contained Thimerosal. Thimerosal is a very toxic element that can cross the blood brain barrier and also can cross into the placenta and cause injury to the unborn. (See article – Dangerous Vaccine Adjuvants)
Lack of Safety Studies
There is not one study done to prove that the influenza vaccine given every year of life is safe for this generation of children. The short-term studies done on children are very small and there is little to no follow-up to see if the vaccine is causing problems. Also, it is given along with several other shots so how would anyone know if the vaccine is safe?
Cochrane Collaboration Study 2010- No Value in Any Influenza Vaccine
A groundbreaking study was released in 2012 showing no benefits to the influenza vaccines.The study, “Vaccines for Preventing Influenza in Healthy Adults”, is damning of the entire pharmaceutical industry and its minions: the drug testing industry and the medical system that both relies on and promotes them.
In the usual scientific journal style of understatement, the authors concluded, “The results of this review seem to discourage the utilization of vaccination against influenza in healthy adults as a routine public health measure. As healthy adults have a low risk of complications due to respiratory disease, the use of the vaccine may be only advised as an individual protection measure against symptoms in specific cases.” (3)
The primary outcomes they looked for were numbers and seriousness of influenza and influenza-like illnesses. They also looked at the number and seriousness of harms from the vaccines. The authors attempted to collect missing data by writing to the individual studies’ authors. They describe the response as “disappointing”. In the end, they included 50 studies and refused to use 92, mostly because of highly significant flaws, such as using inappropriate controls, not being randomly controlled trials, inconsistencies in data presented, lack of study design, unclear definitions, poor reporting, lack of crude data, and lack of placebo.
The authors found:
Vaccines administered parenterally, that is, outside the digestive tract (via means by injection) reduced influenza-like symptoms by only 12%.
They found no evidence that vaccination prevents viral transmission in healthy adults! Insisting that every medical personal get the vaccine or potentially get fired from their job is completely wrong and a violation of rights, especially after discovering the lack of efficacy.
They also found no evidence that flu vaccines prevent complications, either. They attempted to ascertain the degree of complications, and though they did report on some, most of the studies simply did not address the issue or did so inadequately.
Based on this highly significant and scientifically valid study, the national influenza program should be halted and we definitely should not be forcing doctors and nurses in medical facilities to get the vaccine or get fired! Furthermore, to require pregnant mothers to take the influenza vaccine is ludicrest considering the many toxic chemicals that are used as adjuvants in the shots. There are no long-term studies on how these influenza vaccines will affect the unborn children.
Who Should Avoid the Influenza Vaccines?
The CDC recommends the flu shot for almost everyone! Because the influenza viruses are grown on chicken eggs, anyone who is allergic to eggs should avoid the vaccine. Also, if you are suffering with an acute illness, immune system problem or a terminal illness, you may not qualify. Children under the age of 6 months or people who are sensitive to the vaccine ingredients should also avoid the shot.
In my opinion, I feel that there is no solid evidence proving that the influenza vaccine can protect, are safe or necessary. To think that we can take a shot that contains 4 strains of influenza out of 150 different strains and hope that it will provide some protection is a huge gamble. The additives and adjuvants in this vaccine are also a huge concern. I do not believe that any of the ingredients have been thoroughly tested for safety long-term and even a lay person will admit that many of the ingredients are foreign and toxic. These ingredients are injected intramuscularly and most possibly will get into the blood system and reach every organ in the body including the brain! (See article – Toxic Influenza Ingredients)
There are ways we can build the body up before the flu season to help us fight the flu if exposed and help us recover better. The science is evolving every year as to what we can do to enhance the immune system. There are also many other illnesses that cause flu-like symptoms. Rarely are the tests done to “prove” that a person is sick with influenza….it is a one-size fits all diagnosis for many illnesses. (See article – Treatment for Flu and How to Boost the Immune System) We must focus on promoting health instead of looking for some magic potion (injection) that carries risks.
(1) CDC Vital Statistics Mortality and Influenza in Children
(2) Kidder D, Schmitz R. Medicare Influenza Vaccine Demonstration- Selected States 1988-1992 MMRW 8/13/93; 42(31) Dr. Kristine Severyns R.Ph., PhD – Flu Shots: Do They Really Work?
(3) Cochrane Library – http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD001269/vaccines-to-prevent-influenza-in-healthy-adults